Tell me, while you’re scrolling through your Twitter feed (instead of working on the blog post you swore you’d finish today), do you ever come across a tweet from an author promoting their book and internally question why it is that you haven’t read it yet? And then minutes later, the same thing happens again: an author talking about their book, you wondering why it’s still in your TBR? And then this eventually turns into a vicious cycle of interest, confusion, guilt, and finally, shame?* Because why haven’t you read it, Shealea, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?
* If you can relate to this emotional rollercoaster, then let me send a ton of virtual hugs in your way! There is nothing to be ashamed of, lovely! If, on the other hand, you have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about, I suspect you’re still living in denial – and that’s okay, too.
I think you get what I’m saying. I follow a lot of incredibly kind, undeniably awesome authors, but for some of them, I haven’t read any of their books (which is a huge, gaping loss on my part, really). This is due to numerous factors: unavailability of books in my local bookstores (aka the struggles of every third-world country), time constraints because of college, prior commitments, and more often than not, my being a financially strapped college student (I am ridiculously broke, and if you could leave a little something in my tip jar before you close this tab, I will love you).
Regardless of the reason, I can’t help but feel more than a tad guilty about it. It’s not that I think these authors are upset with me for following them on Twitter despite having not read any of their books. But!!! It’s really just me wanting to befriend these authors. Me wanting to start tweeting them praises about their books! Me wanting to flood their Twitter notifications with colorful heart emojis! Me wanting to yell into the Twitter void about how much I love their books! ME WANTING TO GIVE THESE WONDERFUL AUTHORS ALL THE LOVE AND PRAISE AND SUPPORT THEY DESERVE!!!
But then again, reading and reviewing isn’t the only way to help authors in spreading the word about their books! Which is why, for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday*, I will be doing the next best thing: sharing a number of incredible books from authors I follow on Twitter on my blog and encouraging all of you to pick them up.
* Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme now organized by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s prompt is ‘books by favorite authors I still haven’t read’, but if I’m being honest, the most common reason why I haven’t read some of my favorite authors’ books is that the books in question haven’t been published yet – and yes, I’m looking at you, Jade War by Fonda Lee and The Shadowglass by Rin Chupeco.
I initially had a raw list of more than 50 titles (excuse me while I crawl into a hole out of shame), but after a lot of necessary iterations on my part, I now have eighteen (18) books to feature! My list has been split into two general emotions:
(1) WHY HAS EVERYONE (BUT ME!) ALREADY READ THESE BOOKS?
(2) WHY AREN’T ENOUGH PEOPLE (INCLUDING MYSELF!) READING THESE BOOKS?
Before I proceed with the list, I’d like to disclose that this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you decide to purchase any of the featured books using them, I will receive a humble commission at no additional cost to you. I would, really, really, really appreciate it if you used them!
WHY HAS EVERYONE (BUT ME!) ALREADY READ THESE BOOKS?
WHY AREN’T ENOUGH PEOPLE (INCLUDING MYSELF) READING THESE BOOKS?
🔹 Have you read any of the books featured on this list? If you haven’t, which ones will you add to your TBR?
🔹 Are you on Twitter? Who are some of the authors you follow?
🔹 Have you written a post for Top Ten Tuesday? Leave the link in the comments section below so that I can check it out as soon as I can! By the way, have you read my other TTT posts?
- Hidden gems in the romance genre? Let’s talk about #romanceclass! (& a giveaway)
- 10 spreadsheet hacks to step up your blogging game (ft. free spreadsheet templates!)
- Book Bloggers I Love Just As Much As I Adore Chris Hemsworth (Um, sort of)
- Fall 2018: Asian sci-fi & fantasy releases to fall in love with
Like this post? Then share it on social media platforms (see buttons at the bottom of this post!) or maybe consider sending a cup of coffee my way?