My wrap-up post for April 2017 will most likely be shorter and less substantial than my previous monthly synopsis for March 2017 because — cue dramatic pause — I’ve blogged even less frequently this time around. Yep, given my prolonged inactivity, I didn’t think this was possible either.
What I’ve read and reviewed!
Oh, hey! I was able to post two book reviews this month. That’s like two more than March. Insert self-deprecating laugh here.
Whoops. Without furter ado:
What I’ve read but have yet to review!
- In My Dreams by Yeyet Soriano
- Tell Me a Story by Tamara Lush
What I’ve written!
Under Shealea writes:
- Poetic Attempt: Twenty-one (First of Her Name, Breaker of Norms)
What I’ve seen around!
Posts, writeups and discussions from other bloggers I think are worth reading. Check these out!
- Marley’s review of This Savage Song by Viktoria Schwab
- Esther’s review of Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- Fadwa’s review of The Seafarer’s Kiss by Julia Ember
- Louise’s review of Better At Weddings Than You by Mina Esguerra
- Emmie’s review of Some Kind of Happiness by Claire Legrand
- Laurel’s review of The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
- ScribberlersCloud review of Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Enrico’s review of This One Summer by Mariko and Jillian Tamaki
- Nikki’s review of The Whole Thing Together by Ann Brashares
- Angelo’s review of Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider
- Rachelle’s review of Promdi Heart by C.P. Santi, Ines Bautista-Yao, Chris Mariano, Jay E. Tria, Georgette Gonzales and Agay Llanera
- Veronica’s review of Midnights in Bali by Carla de Guzman
- Angela @ Poet Under Construction: Street Music
- Katya @ K is Silent: you cannot miss my omission
- Bridget Writes: The Storm
- Tamara @ PISCEAN-ESQUE: AND THEN WE WEREN’T
- Oriana @ The Words She Scratched Into the Mirror: you will never know what you’re doing
- Bridget Writes: Poem
- Red Hot (Mess): Poem
- Sela @ Capturing Life – My Story: Beastly
Write-ups and discussions:
- Heather initiates a discussion on unwanted review requests.
- Hannah talks about books she’d like to see as movies.
- CW offers prompts for writing positive book reviews.
- Jenny provides tips for comment threads
- Are there pros and cons to being a mood reader? Melissa answers.
- Sarah speaks up on trigger warnings.
- Cara shares fun and helpful causes like Project READathon.
- Marie asks, “Do you have to have a blogging schedule?“
- Esther talks about when authors approach you.
- Lia writes about the importance of bully representation and 13 Reasons Why.
- Let Sofia help you choose a reviewing style.
- Olivia delves into autistic characters.
- How did Shakespeare redefine beauty? Read Holly’s post!
- Mikaela writes an analysis on 13 Reasons Why.
- Eva’s question: Can I discuss diversity if I come from a privileged place?
- Rosie explains why seeing your fave band in a concert again is like rereading your favorite book.
- Bailey’s Pt. 3 of book blogging-related problems we all have is up!
- Drew wonders if using foul language in reviews ia a turn-off.
- Lia talks about her “fear” of fntasy.
- Analee shares how she became the queen of blogging hiatuses.
Plans for next month?
What are my plans for May? It seems the universe has decided for me. May is the last month of my fourth year, second semester which means final projects, final exams, and the last batch of deadly deadlines I have to deal with. Busy, busy, busy.
I do have a couple of blog tours lined up for the month, but other than those, expect extremely minor blog activity from me. Just typing that last sentence makes me very sad. But don’t let my prolonged hiatus bring you down! Let me know about what’s going on with you and what your plans are for May 2017. I’d really love to know.